|The new church in Sierra Leone, St. Guido Conforti Parish|
The Italian-born founder of the Xaverian Missionaries was canonized on the Oct. 23 in Rome by Pope Benedict XVI. The St. Guido Conforti Parish is located in the City of Makeni, in northern Sierra Leone. The Diocese, was founded by the Xaverian Missionaries in 1950 under the leadership of late Bishop Augustus F. Azzolini. Recently retired Bishop George Biguzzi followed in the footsteps of Bishop Azzolini for more than 25 years. Since their arrival in that part of the country over 60 years ago, the Xaverian Missionaries have contributed to the development of education, healthcare and are very active in human promotion initiatives in the entire Northern Province.
|Bishop Biguzzi consecrates the new altar|
|Parishoners gather at the church dedication. Bro. Joeven, a Xaverian Missionary|
from the Philippines sits in the middle of this picture.
|Offertory procession with the offering of gifts|